Cameroon haven't met with Chile after 1998 World Cup (pictured)
Cameroon and Chile will meet on June 17 at the FIFA Confederations Cup. Who will win: Cameroon or team Chile? Betting picks with bookmakers' odds for the contest between Cameroonian and Chilean national teams are to follow. Our expert writers will try to help to clarify these issues introducing both sides who are going to compete for the 2017 Confederations Cup in Russia. As a result of the matter, there will be a correct forecast on the Cameroon vs Chile outcome.
Cameroon incarnate the current Africa Cup of Nations (ACN) holders. They earned it in February beating Egypt 2:1 in the final of the tournament that was held in Gabon. Prior to that, the Indomitable Lions shared 2nd place in the Group with Burkina Faso collecting 5 points, playing 2 draws (1:1 against the latter and 0:0 with the hosts of the Cup) and beating only Guinea-Bissau 2:1. Then there were a penalty shoot-out 5:4 win over Senegal after a 0:0 stalemate in 120 minutes of play in the 1/4 finals and a 2:0 walk over Ghana in the semis. Not so convincing display in general.
The squad of Cameroon at the Confed. Cup differs a lot from the ACN roster. There is pretty experimental back line which dropped out a lot of experienced defenders. Also in Russia we won't see two remarkable Cameroonian forwards - Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting from German Schalke 04 and Clinton N'Jie from French club Marseille.
Chile act as the champions of two consecutive Copa America, in 2015 and 2016. Last year they triumphed at the Copa América Centenario in USA. After losing the opener against Argentina (1:2), La Roja defeated Bolivia (2:1), Panama (4:2) and then in the play-offs the team demolished Mexico (7:0) and passed over Colombia (2:0) to face Argentina again in the final match. This time it was a 0:0 tie and the Andean dwellers eventually took the trophy by penalties (4:2).
There will be very strong line-up of Chile in Russia this summer. Only some aged veterans are out of the squad. Goalkeeper Claudio Bravo from Manchester City, defender Gary Medel from Inter Milan, midfielder Arturo Vidal from Bayern Munich, forwards Alexis Sánchez from Arsenal - are the most notable persons who represent Chile at the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup. Prior to the match against Cameroon the Chilean team warmed-up on Russian soil in a friendly with the hosts of the event (1:1).
Head to head statistics of Cameroon and Chile. The only fixture between these two took place in the 1998 World Cup Group stage. There was a 1:1 tie.
Prediction on the Confederations Cup match Cameroon vs Chile on June 18. Certainly we can't favor Cameroon after such team news. Bookmakers think the same and offer up to 6.85* on an Africans' victory. A draw priced at 4.20* while Chile are offered to win at 1.70*. The most probable correct score of the Cameroon vs Chile matchup is predicted as 0:2.
Hardly Cameroon could keep the clean sheet against Chile with that formation of defence. The South Americans however also haven't had a decent play at the back recently. It would point to a mutual exchange of goals. So my prediction is both teams to score. Bet it with 888 Sport at the best odds 2.10*!
* - the odds given being at the moment of posting this prediction
|Please support us with sharing this preview:|
- Holstein Kiel vs 1. FC Union Berlin 23/01/2018 Prediction for Betting: Awaiting goals in Kiel
- FC Ingolstadt 04 vs SV Sandhausen 23/01/2018 Prediction for Betting: Uncomfortable ground for Ingolstadt
- 1. FC Nürnberg vs SSV Jahn Regensburg 23/01/2018 Prediction for Betting: Bavarian derby in Nuremberg
- VfL Bochum vs MSV Duisburg 23/01/2018 Prediction for Betting: Mediocre form of Bochum
- Brisbane Roar FC vs Ceres-Negros F.C. 23/01/2018 Prediction for Betting: Easy task for Brisbane Roar
- Montevideo Wanderers F.C. vs Club Olimpia 22/01/2018 Prediction for Betting: Unyielding locals Wanderers
- Paris FC vs AC Ajaccio 22/01/2018 Prediction for Betting: High-flying minnows of Paris
- FC Rot-Weiss Erfurt vs 1. FC Magdeburg 22/01/2018 Prediction for Betting: Not much hope for Erfurt
- Prediction for Betting on Jong Ajax vs SC Cambuur 22/01/2018. Solid fortress of Ajax II
- Jong AZ vs FC Den Bosch 22/01/2018 Prediction for Betting: Free fall of Jong AZ
- Prediction for Betting on Ascoli vs Cittadella 20/01/2018. Low-ranked but tough Ascoli
- Prediction for Betting on Cremonese vs Parma 20/01/2018. Slight disadvantage of Cremonese